Sunday, December 18, 2016

Taking apart the Porsche Bike X

Today's chore is to prepare the 2004 Porsche Bike X for all the changes necessary to turn a hybrid bike into a road bike. This week a bunch of parts arrive so I thought I'd take everything apart today. I took the seat and seat post out, the aluminum bottle cages off and removed both trekking style tires.

I left the rims off in preparation of installing the new Continental Gatorskin 700x28 road tires arriving tomorrow.

I also noticed one of the rear V rim brake pads was worn unevenly. So I'll pick up a new set of brake pads for the front the back tomorrow too.

Having a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...