Saturday, December 17, 2016

New carbon fiber fork for the Porsche Bike X

I just ordered a Quantec carbon fiber rigid fork for the 2004 Porsche Bike X to replace the front mountain bike-style shock forks. This fork is from the German company Quantec and features the cantilever eyelets for the V style brakes on the hybrid turned road bike I'm building. This is the only aftermarket carbon fiber, canti and rigid fork from a German company I could find on the internet. And trust me I have been looking.

I purchased this fork from the German bike part distributor Bike24. The website provided the specs that matches my Bike X. 700c wheels, 300mm steerer tube length, 1 1/8" diameter steerer tube, 45mm offset, weighs 730 grams uncut and is made of 12K carbon fiber. Perfect technical match.

I love the clean and simple design of this fork. And the all black color, with no decals or logos, matches the Bike X perfectly.

I'll likely need to wait nearly a month to receive it. Shipping and customs takes forever coming from Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...