Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Porsche Bike X rebuild: Day two

This Porsche Bike X project is moving along quite well I must say.

Today I installed the Continental Gatorskin 700x28 road tires and put the wheels back on the bike. With the wheels on I could then adjust the new brake pads. I took the bike for a brief spin in the drive way and then adjusted the saddle height.

So, to date, I've changed the tires, brake pads, seat post, water bottle cages and repainted the pedals.

Next is to replace the front shock fork with a rigid carbon fiber fork, new handlebar grips with extensions, new saddle and then put the Porsche crest back on. Time to order the next round of parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...