Friday, December 16, 2016

Rebuilding the Porsche Bike X

Thus it begins. Again!

This winter I am transforming a 2004 Porsche Bike X from a hybrid bike into a road bike.

I started today by ordering a bunch of stuff from Jenson USA and off eBay.

I ordered two Continental Gatorskin 700c x 28 road tires, three road tubes, two SKS bottle cages and a Syntace P6 aluminum seat post. All of these parts are German-made and will improve handling performance and reduce the bike weight noticeably.

Last winter I rebuilt a Porsche Bike S. This winter it will this Bike X. Winter is the perfect time to spend hours in the garage wrenching on bikes!

Next I'll be ordering a carbon fiber fork and Ergon handlebar grips.

Can't wait to install all these parts! And report everything along the way, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...