Friday, December 23, 2016

Ergon all the way...

I just ordered a couple of the last parts for the Porsche Bike X rebuild.

I ordered two Ergon parts. Ergon is a German bike accessory company that manufactures ergonomically comfortable bike parts. So, it's not just a clever name...

I ordered the GP5 handlebar grips with full bar ends to replace the Storck standard rubber grips. When I rode 100 miles in October my wrists were getting numb. I read these grips help reduce numbness. I also just love bar ends when ascending mountains. Considering the Death Ride is 129 miles, I figure I could use all the help I can get.

I also ordered the Ergon SMC4-M Comp Gel Saddle. The 2004 Porsche Bike X comes with a very nice Italian bike seat. But since the rest of the bike rebuild includes all German parts for a German manufactured bike, including an Italian saddle just didn't sit well with me, pun intended.

These two parts will likely arrive before the carbon fork, but I'll guess the bike rebuild will be finished by mid January 2017. Then I start the 2,000 or so miles of riding preparing for the Death Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...