Sunday, December 11, 2016

Porsche Bike X ride. Outside. Finally. Yay!

Finally a decent day in Truckee, California. After days of rain ... and flooding ... the sun came out and temperatures rose above 40 degrees. Warm and dry enough, I got out of the garage for a short ride. I wanted to ride 25 miles but rode into snow and water. So settling for 17 miles, I enjoyed just being outside and feeling the sun and breeze on my face.

I haven't rode many miles on the Porsche Bike X yet. I'm still getting used to it. My first impression is this hybrid bike is extremely comfortable. A bike you'd want to ride across the country on. The seatpost shock, front fork shocks and fat 700c tires makes this bike feel likes it's floating on water - even after the roads were drying.

However, the comfortable ride does compromise the bike's handling. Whether it's powering uphill or jamming downhill, this bike was all over the place.

Good thing I have plans for this bike. I know exactly what to do to make this bike a lean, mean racing machine. I'll go into detail later, but new tires, seatpost, forks and much more right around the corner. In January I'll start rebuilding this bike and I'll share the entire process on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Porsche Bike R Coast & Coast Adventure completed

With a bit of luck, last year I was able to buy a well-used 1999 Porsche Bike R. I have wanted a Porsche road bike for sometime, but they ar...