Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Lighter pedals for the Porsche Bike X

Goofing around in the garage, I swapped out the bike pedals on my 2004 Porsche Bike X for the older pedals on the 1998 Porsche Bike S. Trying to lighten the Bike X, I noticed the older Bike S pedals were smaller. I weighed both and the Bike S were two ounces lighter. So for two pedals, I'll save 4 ounces. They're smaller, but I've rode around Lake Tahoe and 100 miles in Sacramento with them. I think they'll do fine on the Death Ride. For those thinking "why clipless pedals?" Well, I've been riding this pedal style since I was 7 years old. They work for me and I like how I can step off without any hang up. Why change now!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...