Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Porsche Bike X Reno ride

With the Porsche Bike X rebuild halfway completed, I was itching to go for a ride. But with Truckee covered with snow, I had to either drive to Sacramento or Reno. Not having an entire day, I choose Reno. And I choose well. Typically, Reno is very windy. But for some reason today there was no wind. It was also a perfectly sunny 47°.

I drove the short distance to Verdi, Nevada parked my 2006 Cayenne S at a county park near the Truckee River. From there I rode 13 miles to downtown Reno before turning around and coming back. I was hoping to fit in 25 miles, so 26 miles was just right.

The bike rode most excellently and I didn't feel like I lost too much conditioning after taking a couple easy months. It wasn't a particularly fast ride because I kept running into stop signs, stop lights, cars and homeless people. It seems Reno is pretty congested these days. I much prefer to ride the bike trail in Sacramento and avoid all the traffic and people like in Reno. But Sacramento is almost a 4 hour round trip from Truckee. So that takes an entire day.

Regardless, today's ride was a huge success. I can't wait to get the second half of this bike finished and take it for another ride.

Left to do on the Porsche Bike X will be changing the front fork to a carbon fiber rigid fork, replace the saddle and add the new handlebar grips with bar ends. I should have all this finished sometime next week I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...