Monday, August 7, 2017

Back on the bike!

Today was the first day back on the bike after the Death Ride. I rode the 1998 Porsche Bike S along the Truckee River Legacy Trail. I only rode 12 miles but I had blast! After the 15 hour Death Ride, I couldn't even look at my Porsche bicycles. But after a few weeks, now I'm ready to add cycling back into the mix with my current running phase.

Riding the Bike S today was awesome. That bike handles so well. I was flying down hills and around corners. The Magura brakes stop the bike on a dime. I had to get readjusted from the slower braking Bike X. Plus my legs are still so strong that pushing hard for 12 miles was rather easy.

I plan to do some track running tomorrow and then a 25 mile ride on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...