Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Bike S 12 mile flyer

Continuing to mix up my Porsche-related workouts, today was a fast and fun 12 miler along the Truckee River Legacy Trail on the 1998 Porsche Bike S.

That bicycle seems built for that paved path. The steep and fast downhills, high speed corners, undulating straights and mix of hard pedaling and quick braking makes me feel like I'm on a race track with my Boxster.

I did stop for a photo and talked to an old timer about all the snow this winter. But other than that, I was riding flat out for the short 12 mile distance.

Today's plan was a short and fast ride to leave some energy for tomorrow's running track workout with the Porsche Design running shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...