Tuesday, August 22, 2017

First injury

I thought I'd test my sore lower legs this morning with an easy trail run. Since I do not want to get the Porsche Design Endurance Boost running shoes dirty, I left them at home and ran in my Adidas trail running shoes. I was wearing Adidas head to toe. Adidas is a corporate partner of Porsche, you know!

The trail starts just down the street from where I live, circles a large pond and heads out into the forest. It's a beautiful little dirt path.

The first 3 or so miles felt good. Then a right lower leg muscle started to ache. Same muscle acting up during Saturday's run. I slowed up a bit and tried stretching, but that didn't help much. I've had a problem with this before. It's the soleus muscle. I need to re-strengthen it. Extra stretching, hot tub and a massage will help too.

I was hoping running on a soft dirt trail would help, but looks like I'll need to rest it a little. Good thing for me biking doesn't work that muscle much. So I'll ride the Bike S tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...