Thursday, August 17, 2017

Oktoberfest!

I've mentioned this before, Oktoberfest starts on my birthday August 2 and lasts until the end of October, for me anyway. It sure helps that the Sierra Nevada brewery releases it's annual Oktoberfest brew on August 1st. Every year they make a great German lager. It's different each year so I look forward to my birthday for several reasons.

Each year is the same and it all starts with summer driving and riding my Porsche bikes and cars around the Tahoe Truckee mountain roads and drinking German beer afterwards. Then I start to make German dishes for dinner. When the temperatures cool in October, I'm usually into full German soup and bread mode.

I kinda doubt this year will be any different.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...