Thursday, August 17, 2017

Porsche Design track work out

I wanted to see just how fast these Porsche Design Endurance Boost running shoes could go. So I ran some 400s, 200s and 100s at the Truckee High School track this morning. I didn't get there terribly early so the sun was up and it was getting warmer.

I started with a half mile jog warm up, then ran four 400s with slow 400 jogs in between. Each 400 was a little faster than the last. Then I ran four 200s with easy 200 jogs between. The 200s were faster than the 400s. Then I pushed the pace with four 100s with 100 walks separating them. And finally another half mile cool down jog.

I was frequently in the 6 and 7 minute mile range with low 6s for the 100s. I still didn't go 100% as I'm just a month back into running. I need to be patience and build my speed back up.

The Porsche Design Endurance Boost shoes are so fast on the track. As if they're built for this. I was flying along almost as if my feet weren't touching the ground. I am looking forward to running fast in these after I've built my running base back up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...