Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Five mile run/jog

Alternating running and cycling, today was a run day. I went out in the late afternoon and braved both warm sun and a few sprinkles on the Truckee River Legacy Trail.

Today's goal was to improve my one mile time. So, I jogged a slow mile and then ran a faster mile. Out of five total miles, only two were faster, one a 9:04 minute mile and the last a faster 8:20 - my fastest mile this year.

The Porsche Design Endurance Boost running shoes are helping me get up to speed rather quickly.

Tomorrow's plan is a 25 mile road ride on the 2004 Bike X and Thursday will be another track running workout with the PD shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...