Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Burning calories

The best way to run faster is to build a good mileage base and be as light as possible.

With that in mind, my goal has been to mix running and cycling to achieve a good balance of cross training. That way I can lose some weight while I am resting between running.

Today I again rode out to Donner Lake and back, on the 2004 Porsche Bike X. I am also counting my calories again, trying to get just the right amount of fuel and the right proportions of carbs, fats and proteins.

My lower right leg is feeling better and I will further test it out tomorrow on another short and easy 5 mile run.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...