Saturday, August 12, 2017

Fast Donner Lake run

My goal today was to break the 10 minute mile mark running 7 miles around Donner Lake. Last weekend I averaged 10:09 around the lake so, I was hoping to improve a little.

However, I felt good this morning and could maintain a pace faster than I anticipated. When I finished the 7 miles I was pleasantly surprised to see I ran a 9:10 pace around the lake.

I started earlier under cooler temperatures, which always helps me run faster. I think adding cycling back into the mix this week helps too.

Now my new goal, for next weekend, will be to beat this time.

I'm completely comfortable in these Porsche Design Endurance Boost running shoes now. Although it didn't take long, they now feel effortlessly fast. As my legs and lungs get stronger I can fully utilize these fast shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phase One Complete: Sea Gull Century x 1999 Porsche Bike R

Last Saturday I rode the recently refurbished 1999 Porsche Bike R on the 104-mile Sea Gull Century in Eastern Maryland. This ride was the ...